Elegant and Rare Antique French Silver And Crystal Condiment Set by ‘Maîtres Orfèvres’ BOIN TABURET.
This unique Set is absolutely gorgeous!
It consists of 4 Silver Open Salt Cellars decorated in the Louis XV Style, with round shapes resting on gadroon lined ‘piédouches’ or pedestals.
The main silver register is decorated with a simply elegant silver raised border and three Shells (or Coquille) Medallions.
The interior of the caddies or cellars are coated in 18 carat gold or ‘vermeillé’, which shows through the original clear crystal inserts.
The Mustard Cellar is decorated in the same way, but features a Medicis Vase shape resting on a gadrooned base. The upper rim is lined with silver gadroons and the lid is topped by a rosette Finial.The interior of the cellar is also gold coated, and features its original clear crystal insert.
All five pieces are marked with a monogram which reads V B C.
Four dainty spoons complete the set and are original to it. They show the same silver lining as well as the shell like medallion.
The spoon bowls are coated in gold.The Mustard spoon is in crystal and just precious…
The full set is in ‘mint’ condition! No chips, no losses, no marks, just beautiful!!
They come in their original Boin Taburet presentation box which is in perfect condition!
A beautiful find…
The Salt Cellars are 2.4 inches in width and 1.4 inches in height.
The Mustard Cellar is 2.4 inches in width and 3.9 inches in height.
The Salt spoon are 2.9 inches long, while the mustard spoon measures 3.7 inches long.
The Hallmark is Minerve -1st title (950/1000)- 1838 -1919 -Paris
The Makers Mark shows a G and a B as well as a fully marked out BOIN TABURET A PARIS. The mark is for ‘Maîtres Orfèvres’ Georges BOIN and Emile TABURET. After individual successful careers they joined forces and registered their joint mark in 1873. They went on to win a gold medal for their beautiful pieces in 1889 during the Paris World Fair.
They worked at 3 Rue Pasquier near the Madeleine Area of Paris.
Interestingly enough there is also the mark of Henri & Frères (1865/1872), joined Bointaburet in 1901.