An Elegant Antique French Silver Confiturier dating to the 1st French Empire by Maitre Orfèvre Claude Isaac Bourgoin.
The upper register shows three Woman’s Heads topping the three delicate pillar that form the tripod linked together by vine leaves and grapes.
The curved pillars end with deer hooves and rest on a triangular base lined with a delicate geometric frieze resting on silver pearls.
The lid shows a double ‘doucine’ or dome engraved with raies de coeur motif topped by a finial in the shape of a dove with spread out wings.
The interior cup is silver.
The Hallmark is 1er Coq for 1st title Silver (950/1000) Paris 1798 to 1809 (Photo # 7)
But it also shows the 1st Jeanette Mark for the Association of the Goldsmiths used from 1794 to 1797 before the Marks were allowed once again after the end of the French Revolution. (Photo #8)
It shows the head of a woman with a 1 on her right-hand side.
This piece was hence started between 1794 and 1797 and was finished by 1809.
As usual the spoons are from another Master Silversmith in this case François Dominique Naudin who registered his Mark in November 1800.
The Makers Mark is for Maître Orfèvre Claude Isaac Bourgoin (Photo #7). He was received as Master Silversmith on September 1st 1779 and re registered in 1798 under the New Regime.
It shows his three initials surrounding a heart pierced by two arrows with a star above.
His workshop was located 20 Cour Neuve du Palais in Paris.